Thursday 14 November 2013

BBA's Maria moves to Ghana

Namibian model, radio personality and 2013 Big Brother Africa – The Chase evicted housemate, Maria Nepembe, who has on several occasions talked about Ghana, has gotten a permanent presenting job in that country.

The 24-year-old was appointed at popular entertainment television station, Gh-One TV, as a presenter for a fashion show aired on DSTV in West Africa.

Maria says that she just tried her luck and auditioned when the TV station was looking for new presenters earlier this year. “Since I was young, I have always loved Ghana. I always wanted to visit the country, but never had the opportunity. I went to Ghana for the first time when I auditioned as a presenter for Gh-One TV. I noticed that Ghana is better than I pictured it. The entertainment industry is bigger. I immediately felt that I had a better chance of making it there than in Namibia.” she says.

The young Namibian, who was a radio presenter at Fresh FM in the capital, says that TV has always been her first love. “Radio was an excellent starting point and experience for me. When I co-presented the live TV broadcasting show, the annual music awards NAMAs earlier this year, I received a lot of negative criticism, but that has only motivated me to do better.”

Maria is currently staying in Ghana, but says she misses Namibia. “Namibia is my home. My family and friends are there. I am not gone for good. I will come home again.”

Gh-One TV is a Ghana-based entertainment TV channel broadcasting lifestyle, music, fashion, series, kiddy programmes, fashion, comedy, and tourism programmes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment