Sunday 17 November 2013

We are being pushed into graft-Millicent Mugadi

Former Big Brother Amplified contestant Millicent Mugadi is lamenting at the state of affairs that she and her fellow members of county assembly are in. Millicent claims that they are walking the thin line between good and evil and if they continue being paid poorly, we will have a bunch of corrupt MCAs. They earn a gross salary of Sh79,000.

The actress-turned-politician told Word Is, "The salary that MCA's are earning is pushing county reps into corruption because even as the MP's salaries were adjusted upwards, ours were not.

People don't understand that we usually use our money to help constituents who flock our office for help. This will affect things like money for bursaries that maybe sold to the highest bidder. That is just an example of how corruption creeps in and gets in the way of our jobs."

She continued, "Do you know, I get home at midnight so that I don't have to encounter some of the constituents who wait to ask for financial help, because as I said I do all that out of pocket and we don't even get responsibility allowance."

The  Ziwani county representative under the TNA party said she is "surprised that the president and the deputy are saying nothing about this. We are on our own."

She added, "How do you expect me to account or keep my boss,on his/her toes yet I earn peanuts? All I want to know is, what is the way forward?"
- See more at: http://the-star.co.ke/news/article-143779/millicent-mugadi-we-are-being-pushed-graft#sthash.gUJHtIUR.dpuf

0 comments:

Post a Comment