Monday 18 November 2013

ZEUS IS ON TOP OF HIS GAME

He made it in the Botswana rap scene but it was his participation in reality show Big Brother Africa Amplified in 2011 that catapulted him to his current success.
He has been nominated for the Channel O Awards seven times and this year he was nominated in the Most Gifted Male and Most Gifted categories.
“This is my seventh nomination, I have won best hip hop before from the same ceremony. Being acknowledged for good work never gets cliché. You want to be amongst your industry pairs, I would be disappointed if I wasn’t part of the selected. I never take it for granted.” He tells Sunday World.
He has worked with many local hip hop artists, including Tumi and AKA on the popular track ‘Dats Wasup'. 
He has also worked with ‘Morafe and HHP who share his love for the Tswana language.
“Motswako is a genre because we are Tswana’s we automatically become a big community. We are just young boys promoting Tswana culture and we driven by language,” he explains.
This is translated into his new and third album ‘African Time’ of which he has released the first single and video ‘Ma Afrika’
“I am about Africanism, my sound has a lot to do with being authentic. I want young Africans to embrace being who they are through my music,” he says.
“This compilation is a fusion, I am taking language and fusing it to hip hop. I make use of lyrics that tell my personal African story as well as the untold truth.” He adds.
The album features a range of artists such as AKA, Tumi, Kwela Tebza, Mahotella Queens, Mzekezeke, Ross Jack, Nonku Phiri and Ammara Brown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment